How to create your listing
Adding your listing is easy. Just go the Directory page and click on the box marked “Create a Listing” or click on the button below. Follow the step-by-step instructions. Your listing may include up to 2 pictures and a video link as well as links to your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
Before you start, keep in mind a few things …
- Only fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. However, if you only partly fill out the listing information, you will NOT be able to save your changes and go back. Get organized before you start.
- The listing will have areas for the following: Category and Sub-Category; Name of Business/Artist/Ensemble; Tags (unlimited, separated by comma); Short Description; Long Description; Business Contact email (Your email address will be kept private. A contact form will be provided for queries); Business Website Address; Business Phone Number; Business Fax; Business Address (Number, Street, City, Province); Postal Code; Google Map shortlink (provides a map on your listing); Facebook URL; Instagram URL; Twitter URL; Extra website URL (e.g. link to your EPK, dropbox publicity files).
- Note: A video or sound link can be included in the Long Description by inserting a YouTube, Vimeo or SoundCloud share link on a separate line in the text area. The site will create a preview automatically.
- A profile image (e.g. business logo) and a “gallery” picture may be included. Photo upload prompt will appear in Step 3 of your submission. Image guidelines: Max File size: 0 – 1,000 KB, Image width: 50px – 1000px, Image height: 50px – 1000px.
- Review, and Click “accept” on the terms and conditions.
- Click Submit.
- After you submit your listing, it may take up to two business days to be approved. We’ll send you an email when it happens.
- If you need to make further changes or updates, just “reply” to our email. If you want to add or change a photo, just attach them to the email. There is also a contact form on the website you can use to correspond with us about your listing.
SUBMIT A LISTING
Terms and Conditions
The Directory is for musical artists, ensembles, music venues, and music-related businesses connected to the region of Greater Hamilton in Ontario. By accessing the Website you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms.
A. Intellectual property
The content and design of the Website, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, software and trademarks are managed by the Hamilton Music Industry Working Committee (HMIWC) and are protected by copyright and other laws.
B. Restrictions on use
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use content in any way except for your own personal use. Nor may you use the Website to create, amend, update or verify any databases, directories, customer lists, mailing lists or other records. The use of HMIWC data as a source or target for direct marketing, telemarketing, market research, or any other marketing activity on yours, or someone else’s behalf, is strictly prohibited.
C. Website Warranties
The HMIWC website team does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the Website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content featured on the Website is correct at the time of publication, the HMIWC website team accepts no responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the Website.
The HMIWC website team will not be liable for any loss or damage, financial or otherwise as a result of you using the information provided on the Website, nor does Hamilton Music Industry Working Committee guarantee the suitability or quality of any products or services featured on the Website.
The HMIWC website team does not warrant that access to the Website or the features on the Website will be uninterrupted or error free. Nor does the HMIWC website team warrant that the server on which the Website is based is free of Viruses or other harmful code.
D. Contributions to the site
Contributions made to the Website are encouraged, providing they are made in a responsible manner and are in no way inaccurate, defamatory or misleading.
The HMIWC website team reserves the right, without any obligation or notice whatsoever, to review, correct, remove or modify any content submitted to the website.
E. Advertising your business on The Website
The Information you provide on the Website in relation to your business must be accurate and truthful.
F. Customer Reviews
By default, when you add a Directory listing as an artist, music venue or other business, you accept that you can be reviewed by your customers and other users of the site. We reserve the right to remove any reviews that we believe haven’t been posted by the customers themselves or where we believe the reviews may not be genuine.
G. Cancellations and Refunds
In exceptional circumstances, the HMIWC website team reserves the right to remove a directory listing if we find that they are in breach of the terms and conditions of the site.
H. Content Guidelines
a) Factual claims or offers made must be credible, current, and accurate.
b) Listings must not promote any products or services which are illegal.
c) Listings must not contain links to harmful websites, malware, spyware or anything similar.
- Image Guidelines
a) Any images which you upload must be your own property or you must have permission from the owner of the image to use it.
b) Copyrighted or trademarked images or text are not permitted unless you or your HMIWC website team owns the relevant copyright or trademark.
c) Images must be suitable for all ages to view.
d) Images must be relevant to the text content of the listing.
e) Images must not be displayed sideways or upside down.
f) Images must be of reasonably good quality – blurred, unclear or unrecognizable images will not be accepted.
g) Images must not consist solely of text.
h) Max File size: 0 – 1,000 KB, Image width: 50px – 1000px, Image height: 50px – 1000px.
- Text Guidelines
a) The text of your advertisement must be written in English and obey the basic rules of spelling, grammar and punctuation. The HMIWC website team will correct obvious spelling or grammatical errors and will remove excess or inappropriate punctuation (e.g. !!!!!!!)
b) Listings must not be written in BLOCK CAPITALS. The HMIWC website team will edit listings to remove any inappropriate use of uppercase text.
c) Please use only the allocated sections for including your weblink and/or telephone number. Please do not include web links, telephone numbers, or email addresses in the body text or headline of your advertisement.
d) HTML tags that embed content other than text, including <img> and hyperlinks <a href>, and any other embed code, are not permitted in the text area.
If you see any content on the site that is incorrect, is illegal or breaches anyone else’s rights, please contact us. The HMIWC website team may change, alter or modify these Terms at any time. Any changes to these Terms will be posted on the Website. If you do not agree to Terms on this page, you should not use the Website.
What are "tags"?
Tags, also known as keywords, indicate what you do in single words. They include what instruments you play, if you are a vocalist, what genre of music or any other special services you might provide. You may use more than one. Just be sure to separate each tag word with a comma.
What if I make a mistake or need to update my listing?
Use the contact form below to let our administrator know what changes you need to make and your listing will be updated within a few days.